What Personal Information do we collect?
AustAgri will only collect Personal Information in a fair, lawful and non-intrusive manner. The Personal Information we collect will depend upon the circumstances in which the information is collected.
We may collect the following Personal Information:
• your name, contact details, address, date of birth, industry role, country and postcode;
• any other Personal Information as otherwise permitted by law; and • any additional information that you may provide to us directly through any AustAgri website or any other contact with AustAgri.
When you apply for employment with AustAgri, we may, in addition to the information referred to above, also collect information for the purpose of considering your employment application including your qualifications, career history and resume as well as reference information from your nominated referees.
We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests and the types of jobs you are interested in. Sensitive Information will only be collected and processed by AustAgri such processing is necessary to comply with equal opportunity laws and regulations.
We recommend you only communicate such Sensitive Information if you believe it is required for AustAgri to comply with such laws and regulations. We may from time to time ask for Sensitive Information concerning your health to assess your suitability for conducting certain forms of work (i.e. manual work), to ensure your continued safety and the safety of others at our workplaces.
If you wish to do so, you may choose to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with AustAgri, unless it is not practicable for us to deal with you on that basis.
How and why do we collect your personal information?
There are many aspects of the AustAgri site which can be viewed without providing Personal Information. However, Personal Information may be collected by us when you:
• visit any of our websites;
• subscribe to our marketing communications on various AustAgri products or communicate with us via our website or our other social media sites;
• Interact or follow our social media pages/profiles like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
• authorise someone else to act on your behalf and they provide us with your Personal Information;
• apply for employment at AustAgri;
• submit feedback; or
• submit any query to the Privacy Officer.
Data you provide when you subscribe to our marketing communications will be captured within a database attached to the website and will be able to be exported into CSV format. Eventually the forms will be linked to AustAgri’s CRM database and information will be stored there. Data you provide in relation to employment opportunities will be stored in a database accessible only to the People and Culture team.
How will we use your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information we collect for the purposes for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Some examples of how we use your Personal Information include, but are not limited, to the following:
• to provide or promote our products and services to you;
• to have your details on file and possibly contact you in relation to employment opportunities (only if you have submitted an employment-related expression of interest)
• to contact you to obtain your feedback, to find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services and for other market research activities; and
• determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites; • keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as goods and/or services;
• conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
• responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
• unsubscribing your details from our database;
When Personal Information is collected for employment purposes it may be forwarded to a hiring manager for consideration for the position that you have applied for.’ From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at any time in the future only data collected from the time of the policy change going forward will adhere to our updated practices.
Direct marketing AustAgri does not provide your Personal Information to other entities or organisations for the purposes of direct marketing. We may issue direct marketing communication that you would reasonably expect to receive. You consent to us using the Personal Information that you have provided to issue direct marketing communications that include information about our products. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by using any “unsubscribe” facility provided in the marketing communications you receive or by contacting the Privacy Officer with details of the communication and your wish to “opt-out”.
We will then take steps to remove your Personal Information from the direct marketing database from which your Personal Information was sourced.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
AustAgri is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all Personal Information that it collects and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect from you is held securely and protected from misuse and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, AustAgri cannot and does not guarantee that unauthorised access to your Personal Information will not occur. Accordingly, where consistent with applicable legislation, any Personal Information you provide to AustAgri will be at your own risk.
Does Personal Information leave Australia?
AustAgri will not send your Personal Information outside Australia without your consent unless:
• we are required to do so by law;
• we reasonably believe that the recipient of the Personal Information will be required to deal with the Personal Information in accordance with privacy principles which are substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles; • it is not practical to obtain your consent, or the transfer of the Personal Information is for your benefit and your consent is likely to be given; or
• the transfer of the Personal Information is necessary for the performance of a contract between AustAgri and you. Accessing Your Personal Information,
Send an e-mail to email@example.com
Write to us at:
AustAgri Company Secretary
AustAgri Group Limited
9ABC/443 Toorak Rd